Alamo Heights, Texas
The new owners of the 60's era Ranch Home were entirely enamored with keeping the original home but engaging the mid-century modern potential lying beneath the dated interior and exterior. Typical of the 60's era Ranch homes in the area that included the rambling interior spaces and low ceilings, the new owners wanted a modern home but one that engaged the spirit of the mid-century California modern Ranch home spirit of Architects like Eichler and Cliff May. The completed remodel and addition offers a modern open plan fully embracing the unique lot the existing home was opened up by removing most of the interior walls to create a large inviting living room, dining and kitchen space with glass on both sides of the home.
- Design Team: Craig McMahon AIA, Jody Baker, Itzel Luna
- Structural Engineer: AES Engineering, San Antonio, Texas
- Remodelling Magazine July 2017: "The Outer Limits"
- Eclectic Vignette June 2017: "Outside with the Modern: Mid-Century Modern Architecture fuses beautifully with Nature"
- Urban Home San Antonio/Austin Dec/January 2016 "Ranch Revival"
- 78209 Magazine June 2014 " A Reimagined Ranch for Modern Living Family Enjoys the Style, the Space and the Trees"
- 2018 ProRemodeler Design Awards: Platinum Award
- 2014 AIA San Antonio: Home Tour Selection