Alamo Heights, Texas
The remodeled 50’s era Ranch Home is located in central San Antonio is small urban upscale Alamo Heights. This home was an experiment in salvaging and re-purposing the typical Ranch Home into a modern open living environment and fully engaging the unique landscape offered on the property. Deceiving from front yard to back, the split level site offers three stories of living spaces. The original 2400 s.f. home was expanded to its current 3400 s.f, five bedrooms/four baths by opening up the maze-like spaces typically found in a similar home of the era with an open floor plan fully connecting the outdoors.
- Design Team: Craig McMahon AIA
- Construction: Craig McMahon AIA, San Antonio, Texas
- Landscape Architect: Rialto Studio, San Antonio, Texas
- 2016 Master Design Awards: Silver Award
- 2016 Professional Remodeler Magazine Design Awards: Gold Award
- 2015 Best in American Living Awards: Silver Award