Landa Park Retreat
New Braunfels, Texas
This Addition for an existing home located on the crystal clear spring waters of Landa Park in New Braunfels Texas offers a unique opportunity to blend a new addition to the existing 50’s era two story residential river home. As the existing home encompassed the river view, the available land in the front of the property offered needed expansion room for extended family members. The two bedroom, two bath addition was integrated into the site allowing for a parking court and covered connection to the main residence. As the owners wanted to have the addition connect as sympathetically as possible to the original home, careful attention to existing materials and details were considered to engage both structures.
- Design Team: Craig McMahon AIA, Elizabeth Haynes, Itzel Aguirre
- Structural Engineer: AES Engineering
- Contractor: Johnny Canavan, John Canavan Homes
- Qualified Remodeler Magazine September 2015 Master Design Awards Winners 2015: "Landa Park Retreat"
- Remodeling Magazine October 2015 2015 Design Awards: "Landa Park Retreat"
- 2015 Remodeling Magazine Merit Award
- 2015 Master Design Awards: Silver Award