Burning Creek REtreat
San Marcos, Texas
This small compact Ranch Retreat is located on 10 acres in the Central Texas Hill Country. The family of four wanted a budget conscious family guest quarters with every inch of space considered for its function. This “ship” deliberate design approach was considered for the entire program, offering two full bedrooms, two baths on the Main Level and two loft bedrooms for children and visiting families to engage the camp spirit of the property.
- Design Team: Craig McMahon AIA, Itzel Aguirre, Elizabeth Haynes
- Construction: Half-inch of Water Studios LLC
- Dwell- Rooms we Love Spring February 2016 "A family retreat mixes rustic materials with Modern space saving design"
- Professional Builder September 2015 "Great Design Hits Home"
- BOOK: Hill Country Houses: Inspired Living in a Legendary Texas Landscape: "Burning Creek Retreat"
- 2017 International Design Awards: Honorable Mention
- 2016 Best in American Living Awards: Silver Award
- 2015 Builder Magazine: Bronze Award